Monday, September 29, 2008

The Acting Bug...




Well, if you haven't heard we have some actors in our family! You all know Rae Rae is the diva and is starring again in another show... She is Owl #1 in Sleeping Beauty kids- but did you ever guess Andy would be singing and dancing too? Yes he is and not only that in a big role!

He has wanted to be in a show with Rae Rae for awhile but he eat sleeps and breathes baseball year round! Well this show just happened to fit within the perimeters of fall ball so he was dying to audition. First time out and he did amazing at auditions- he sang " Bet on It" from HSM2. We waited and waited and finally discovered he landed the role of Prince Philip!!! YAY! He is so excited and we all know he will have tons of fun! Rae Rae is happy to be singing and dancing stress free from a lead role this time around and knows she has many years to come for bigger roles like Gretl.

Then there is me... Most of you know too that the acting bug is genetic and it came directly from me. :) The timing was right finally for me to audition for a show and guess what- I got the lead femal role!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very excited for this opportunity. I am playing Lilli Vanessi/Kate in Kiss Me Kate.

The shows run together as the kid's production is a short preshow at The Escondido Center for Arts.Buy your tickets now via web, at the box office or call me! Please come see us both on Saturday Nov 15th Sleeping Beauty at 1:30pm and Kiss me Kate at 2:30pm. If you can't make that you can still see me in Kate Friday Nov 14 at 7:30, Saturday Nov 15 at 7:30 or Sunday Nov 16th at 2:30pm. Looking foward to seeing you all there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the role!!!!

Our little theatre out here is doing .. um .. why can't I think of the name of it? Anyway, I was going to audtition with the olders, but after looking at the rehearsal schedule I wouldn't have been able to do it with the youngers if we got selected. Future...the future..it will come.

Anyway, I'm going to be down there during one of the showings. I hope to remember and come see it. Blog about it again during!