Saturday, August 16, 2008

Moonlit Prayers


What a beautiful moon it was tonight, and such a blessing. God is HUGE and He alone created this moon for me to pray by tonight with RebeccaRae.
Our boys left on Thursday for an all boy camping trip. Andy was so excited as he was finally old enough to trek on out with the men- he didn't even care that he was the only "kid" going. I put that in quotes because aren't all men kids when it comes to camping...especially when they take along, not only fishing gear but motorcycles and offroad jeeps? Chad too was excited to spend such great quality time with Andy,and to further pass on the legacy of the love for camping and outdoors- not just for the sake of fun but to relate the greatness of God in His amazing creation. We girls get that too from time to time, but this was for the boys.
The day they left Rae Rae kept telling me not to forget to go see the moon that night and pray. Daddy had told her that he too would look up at the moon each night he was away, and pray for us back at home. So, out we went last night and the beauty was amazing(I wish I had a picture from then). The large moon only partly covered by a few small clouds, Rae Rae gasped as she stepped onto our porch. As I held her in my arms we thanked God for being so wonderful, for His moon and for the knowledge that Daddy and Andy would too be praying under the same moon that night. She was comforted by the fact that at that moment the world got smaller and Daddy and brother felt closer(I too felt comfort).
Tonight we almost forgot our moonlit prayer. We stayed up late scrapbooking together and then proceeded to my bed for a slumber party. Here comes the shock- I am thanking God for my dog(of which I generally can't stand). Mary(the dog) barked like mad as I had forgotten to let her out pre bed time. I stepped on the porch to let her do her business and there was the moon. A reminder not only of God's greatness but that I was to pray with my daughter under it that night. Thanks to God for Mary tonight( I probably won't say that again!) I ran to get Rae Rae before she fell asleep and she was happy to follow me once again to our prayer spot.
The picture isn't as pretty tonight through the camera lens,as the camera can't do God justice at all. The clear sky and big, seemingly, full moon were astounding! Our boys once again felt close as we prayed for their safety and sweet dreams.
We love you so much Andy and Daddy- come home safe and soon...

No comments: