Sunday, August 17, 2008

Girl Time!


Diva Rae...One of her family nicknames...She sure knows how to be the center of attention! We had a spa day while Daddy and Andy were gone. We went shopping and she picked out her favorite nail color- pink with glitter-foot scrub, nail decals and more. As I gave her a pedicure she sat in my robe sipping hot chocolate from her great great grandmother's china.
As she sat there and I took the picture I realized once again how blessed I am. See I didn't want girls. I had always dreamed of having a house full of boys. I was raised with three older brothers and thought for sure I'd have no clue what do with a girl. Besides that would take the focus off me as the girl wouldn't it? Ofcourse that is how I thought when I was young. The day the doctor told me I was having a girl I was so overjoyed and excited. I realized God knew what he was doing because deep down I craved that little girl. I looked foward to days like the one pictured, playing dress up and tea party, singing songs and playing paper dolls as my mom did with me.
Not only did I have one but God was so gracious he gave me 2! In the beginning everyone kept classifying Tirzah as the dare devil or the tomboy one I'd have since her redheaded attitude gave her a bit tougher side I guess. NOT A CHANCE though- this one is just as girly! She prefers the shoes and purses to the crowns and princess dresses though. She wants everything pink as well. Each day we strive to find a pink outfit for her to wear so she'll be happy. Whoever said redhead's shouldn't wear pink didn't know what they were talking about because she's a doll in pink!
So God has given me this amazing opportunity to have those girl relationships I didn't have. I never had a sister to play with. I grew up in the suburbs so thankfully I had 2 girlfriends that lived right next to me, but still not in my house. Now I get that- 2 little girls to bring out my own little princess. I can have all the tea parties I want and no one would think I am crazy- I just have two special guests to set up tea for... Want to come? Just let me know, we have tons of princess crowns and boa's you can borrow!

No comments: